Thursday, January 28, 2010

Move and Disable Stale Computer Accounts

I started to write a script today to relocate and disable computer accounts that have an old PwdLastSet attribute. Before I got very far, I discovered that Richard Mueller of Hilltop Lab had already done quite an effective job of scripting this very task and has made the effort to refine it a few times too.

The script can be found at http://www.rlmueller.net/Programs/MoveOldComputers.txt

I modified it a little to suit my own purposes, but his script certainly got me 90% of the way there. Thanks for saving me the effort Richard!

Cheers,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Great blog post, thanks for sharing the useful and helpful information related to find disable active directory accounts. I found this tool ( http://www.lepide.com/active-directory-cleaner/ ) that helps me to find out disable and stale active directory accounts. This tool manage inactive accounts and move them to another OU. It generates the comprehensive report which are based on disable/old accounts.

    ReplyDelete